的 Family 教育al Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records maintained by Salish Kootenai College and under which student records may be disclosed by the College to others. FERPA applies to all schools that receive funds under an application program of the U.S. 教育部.
教育记录 are records, 文件, 文档, and other materials which contain information directly related to a student, maintained by Salish Kootenai College or by an official who serves the College in an administrative, 监督, 学术, 研究, 或支持人员职位.
一般, FERPA allows Salish Kootenai College to disclose education records or personally identifiable information from education records in the following circumstances:
- with the written permission of the student
- If the disclosure is SKC directory information and the student has not placed a hold on information release - see the Student 目录 Listing below
- If the disclosure meets the FERPA 34 CFR § 99.31 criteria to release student education records without the students consent.
注意: References to parents in the FERPA law typically refer to students who have not yet enrolled in a higher education institution or turned 18. FERPA rights belong to the students at SKC.
的 Family 教育al Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guarantees students certain rights. For more detail regarding student rights. Students who believe the college has failed to comply with the requirements of FERPA have the right to file a complaint with the U.S. 教育部 concerning alleged failures to comply with the requirements of FERPA by contacting the following office:
Family Policy Compliance Office
Student 目录 信息 Release
Salish Kootenai College considers the following to be student directory information which may be made available to the public if the student has not restricted release.
- Academic major or program of study
- Number of credits for current enrollment period
- Class standing (Freshman, Sophomore, etc.)
- Degrees, certificates, certifications, or endorsements awarded
- Honors awarded and the GPA of students recognized for honors
- Participation in college-recognized sports
- Student's college email address
- Photographic, video or electronic images of students taken and maintained by the College
Restrict Release of 目录 信息
Students who do not wish to authorize the release of directory information and do not want their information to appear in the SKC Student 目录 must inform the 司法常务官办公室. Link to 目录 信息 Form coming.
Consequences of Restricting 目录 信息
Students should understand that restricting the release of their directory information has other consequences. 例如, a FERPA restriction makes it difficult or impossible for potential employers to verify enrollment or degree(s) earned from SKC. SKC cannot notify hometown newspapers about awards and honors students have received (e.g.(总统名单).
Currently enrolled students can complete the Release of 信息 form to identify specific SKC education records to be released and the recipients of which records. 的 form is intended as a one time record request for students to release those records to a non SKC official. A student can revoke access at their own discretion and will need to notify the 司法常务官办公室. Release of 信息 form link coming.
Apply now and enjoy a unique educational experience that blends Western 学术 knowledge with Native American perspectives and practices. Benefit from smaller class sizes, 个性化的关注, and opportunities for hands-on learning and 研究. Join a supportive community that values cultural diversity and 学术 excellence, and prepare for a successful career and leadership role in your community. Apply today and start your journey towards a brighter future at SKC!